Dear Moderator ,

This is my AS Media Studies Blog. I have created an R&B Music Magazine, which you will find below.

My Research and Planning starts on 7th September 2011, which you can view here.
The start of my Evaluation starts on Thursday 9th February 2012, which you can view here.
My Completed Magazine can be viewed here.

I hope you enjoy my blog and my music magazine.

Thanks,
Alice Jones

Thursday 22 September 2011

Research and Planning: Evaluation

I like the layout of my college magazine, as it generally follows the conventions of any magazine. I used the college colour scheme for my magazine as when I interviewed students from the college, they said this would be the best idea. However, this means I could not follow the typical three colour rule, which most magazines use. I used photoshop to create my front cover, and InDesign to create my contents page. I think the font on my contents page is too big, as usually in magazines the text is much smaller, so when creating my music magazine I will incorporate this into my work. I downloaded the masthead font from 'DaFont.com' and I thought it would be appropriate for a college magazine, as the font is very much a school style. 

I used the same house-style for both my contents page and my front cover, so they do look like they are from the same magazine; they follow the same colour scheme, and font style. The images I used are appropriate for a college magazine, as they show a student from the college, and also photos from around the college; Costa Coffee- which is appropriate as it features in one of the stories, and the main entrance of college. I think the photograph I used on the cover is appropriate as it is a Medium Close Up, which is what is typically seen on a magazine. I used photoshop to remove the background of the image, so it kept with the colour scheme, and showed a back background. I think that I should have wrote a few more stories on the contents page, as it looks very spaced out according to the front cover, which looks very busy. 


I tried to suit the magazine to the target audience; by including stories which they would want to read. When interviewing students, they gave me a few ideas of what stories they would like to include, which influenced the stories which have been written on my front cover. 












8 comments:

  1. I like the overall look of the magazine and can see a clear colour scheme which is in-keeping with the audience research. Maybe the photo's could be improved, better lighting and situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The completed look of the magazine cover and contents looks good, the stories included look interesting and something i would enjoy reading. The color scheme works well and is an inviting scheme to use, To improve you could maybe add some photo effects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First impressions of the magazine are good, the colour scheme links the two pages together well. The layout of the contents page could be given a more structured look however, to make it look more professional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way that you have keep with the colour style of the classic college colours, that's a nice touch. The medium close up is a good quality and the layout of the cover overall is good. In my opinion I think that the cover has just got a touch too much information. But overall a good magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first impressions are that your magazine really stands out, by using strong bold colours.
    yet You have managed to use the three colour rule very well.
    The image is used well because the target audience is around 16 to 18.
    the area of development would be to decrease the amount of text.
    overall a great magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of college colours and keeping to the three colour colour scheme on the front cover even though this isnt kept on the contents page it does work. Front cover is very full and look good however maybe there is too much. Great use of images on the contents page. Lovely use of text on the page numbers to make it much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you have included many stories on your Front cover and fill up your space well, you have used the three colour rule rather well. I think you could use better lighting for your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete