Dear Moderator ,

This is my AS Media Studies Blog. I have created an R&B Music Magazine, which you will find below.

My Research and Planning starts on 7th September 2011, which you can view here.
The start of my Evaluation starts on Thursday 9th February 2012, which you can view here.
My Completed Magazine can be viewed here.

I hope you enjoy my blog and my music magazine.

Thanks,
Alice Jones

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Research and Planning: Location Research

I have used these images in able to help me decide on the location for the photo shoot of my models. I have noticed that with many photographs of RnB Artists, they are shot on a plain back-drop, such as the ones pictured above. This helps to create an emphasis on the Artist, and so that is the main focus of the image. I have also noticed that a shadow is sometimes cast behind the Artist, as with Rihanna and Beyonce (Left and Bottom Right). This is helpful for when I decide the location of my photo shoot, as I know that I will need to use these images as inspiration for my photographs, and create a plain background, in order to get the same style of effect. I think this will add more of an impact on the Arist I use, as they will be the main attention of the photgraph, which I feel also fits in with my genre of magazine; RnB, as this genre is stereotypically related with the ideas of attitude, and as the Artist will be centre of attention, I feel this will be make my magazine photographs have more of an RnB feel to them.
This has influenced the way I will decide to take my photographs, in order to achieve a more simplistic feel like these photographs, I will be using a white background when I take my photos, in order to have a studio-like feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment