Dear Moderator ,

This is my AS Media Studies Blog. I have created an R&B Music Magazine, which you will find below.

My Research and Planning starts on 7th September 2011, which you can view here.
The start of my Evaluation starts on Thursday 9th February 2012, which you can view here.
My Completed Magazine can be viewed here.

I hope you enjoy my blog and my music magazine.

Thanks,
Alice Jones

Thursday 17 November 2011

Research and Planning: SLR Test Shots

This photograph was taken inside, and so the lighting isn't very good. I have used the flash on this image, and so the lighting looks artificial and unnatural. I think the focus of this shot is okay, as it isn't too blurred, however I would like the focus to be better, so the model is in a much sharper focus as-oppose to the background. I think this shot isn't as effective as the shots I took for my college magazine; as I think the lighting and focus on those were of a slight better quality.
 This photograph I took outside, I didn't use the flash, as I wanted to see what the lighting was like without flash outside. As all this light is natural, the colour of the photograh is much better. I think this photograph is focused well, as the models face is in quite a sharp focus. I also think that this lighting makes the models face look quite a lot lighter than the indoor photographs. I think this photograph is better than  the photographs I took for my college magazine; as the lighting is much better, and the focus makes the picture a lot clearer.
This is another photograph I took indoors, I think the lighting is very poor here, as it seems to have a washed-out colour. I think the focus is also poor here, as the image doesn't seem to be very clear. I didn't use flash for this photo, and so the models face isn't illuminated very well. I think this picture is the worst one that I have taken, as the colours aren't very bright and the models face looks very washed out. I think I need to focus my camera better and use a flash if I plan on taking my photographs indoors. This photo is also worse than my college magazine photos, due to the lighting.  

 This is another photograph I took outside, I like this photo the best as the use of natural lighting highlights the models face a lot better. I think the focus is quite good of this photograph, as the models face looks in sharp focus, and the mode is clearly the main focus of the image, as the background hasn't been as sharply focused. This photo is definitely better than my college magazine photographs, as the lighting on those was artificial, where as here it is a lot more natural, and so the models face is highlighted a lot better. I also think the focus of this shot is a lot better than my other photos. If I was to improve this photo, it would simply be to change the way the model is sitting, as a shadow has been created behind the model, and also her face isn't very visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment